with Mike Press Chardonnay
Bring a quick and easy taste of France to your dinner table with mussels in a chardonnay sauce.
Serve with a slice of crusty bread – to mop up every last bit of the delicious sauce off your plate.
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1 small finely chopped brown onion
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
6 – 8 thyme stalks
200ml Mike Press Wines Chardonnay
1 kg fresh Eyre Peninsular mussels
1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add butter.
- Add onion then sauté for 3 mins or until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and thyme and then sauté for 1 min.
- Add white wine and 1kg of cleaned and drained fresh mussels.
- Place lid on the pot and cook for approximately 5 mins.
- Stir in cream and parsley.
- Garnish with extra parsley, add some pepper and serve with your favourite crusty bread!
Thanks to Eyre Peninsular Seafood for the recipe – check out the other great ideas they have here: https://www.epseafoods.com.au/mussel-recipes/