4 Luv-a-Duck, Duck Legs
Salt & pepper
1 tsp olive oil
2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled & finely diced
250 mL Pinot Noir or Beaujolais
2 tsp tomato paste
½ cup Luv-a-Duck stock
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp balsamic glaze
1 sprig rosemary
12 small pickling onions, peeled
Fresh green peas
- Season the Luv-a-Duck Duck Legs with salt & pepper. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a high heat and brown duck legs well. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shallots and carrot to the pan and sauté 2 – 3 minutes. Stir in the combined pinot noir, tomato paste, stock caster sugar and balsamic glaze to the pan and return the duck legs to the pan with the sprig of rosemary.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook stirring occasionally 1 hr. Add the onions to the pan and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the duck legs and set them aside and keep warm. Remove cover for a further 10 minutes until sauce is syrupy.
- Serve on individual plates with onions, mashed potato, and peas, spooning the sauce over the duck.
Recipe and image thanks to Luv-a-Duck – see the original recipe and so many more amazing ones here: https://www.luvaduck.com.au/recipes/view/pinot-braised-duck-leg/43/