As the weather starts to warm up and the smell of spring is in the air, warm salads like this are a go to for us. Paired with a chilled glass of our new 2020 Pinot Noir Rosé, it’s a wonderful match you’ll go back to again and again.
240 g salmon fillet
200 g new potatoes
100 g green beans
2 large free-range eggs
1 soft round lettuce
1 handful of black olives (stone in)
4 ripe plum tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Season the salmon with sea salt and black pepper, then add, skin-side down, to a hot frying pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool, then flake into chunks.
- Halve the new potatoes and boil with the beans until tender, then refresh in cold water.
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6 minutes to hard-boil, then remove, peel and quarter.
- To make the dressing, peel and finely chop the garlic, then combine in a large bowl with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the lettuce leaves to the dressing with the potatoes, beans, and olives. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, add to the bowl, then toss to coat.
- Divide between 2 bowls and top each with the egg quarters and flaked salmon.
Thanks to JamieOliver.com for the recepie and image.